BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 4, 2012

The Cleanse!

So me and my dear mother decided to be crazy for a week and do a cleanse. It is called the GM Diet if anyone is interested after hearing about all of this. It goes for 7 days and you have to follow a very strict diet and drink A LOT of water (10 glasses) everyday. The process goes as follows:

Day 1: Only allowed to eat fruits! (No bananas though).
It was a good day at first since you can eat as many fruits as you would like, especially melons. By the end of the day I was starting to get sick of all the sweetness that came from the fruits. I was craving something crunchy and salty, like a cracker! On top of all of that, you have to force yourself to drink much more water then normal so the bathroom became my best friend every half hour.

Day 2: Only raw or cooked Vegetables! (You are allowed a potato for breakfast)
Lets just say I was glad to see this day come, and the potato for breakfast was so delicious! Today wasn't too bad since it wasn't all sweets and the vegetables could be cooked or raw. I got through the day just fine and came up with creative ways to cook up food. I decided to stop drinking water past 8 PM so I could actually get some sleep and not always be running to the bathroom.

Day 3: Fruits and Vegetables :) (No potatoes or bananas)
Today was not very bad since I could mix and match between fruits and vegetables, sweet and salty. I was pretty hungry today tho and went to bed early due to hunger. It was very hard to drink the required amount of water because it was starting to taste very blah, so I have lessened my amount of water intake then what is required.

Day 4: Bananas and Milk. Plus a special soup!
Today was okay, but I lost a sense of cravings today so I was doing okay. I woke up and blended the bananas and milk together with some ice and it was yummy! The soup was actually really good but that could also be the hunger speaking. The soup has no limit but you are only allowed 8 bananas and 3 glasses of milk. I did not reach 8 bananas but I got to my 3 glasses of milk. The soup was interesting to make since it was a bunch of random ingredients thrown together but heyy it was good.

Soup recipe: 28 oz, Water, 6 Large Onions, 2 Green Peppers, Whole Tomatoes (fresh or canned), 1 Head Cabbage, 1 Bunch Celery, 4 Envelopes Lipton Onion Soup Mix, Herbs and Flavouring as desired.
Pour it all in and cook it! Unlimited eating and makes a lot of soup.

Day 5: Consume lean meat and tomatoes.
(2 10 oz. portions of meat and increase water up to 4 quarts)
This was the hardest day since meat and tomatoes aren't the yummiest by themselves. Hamburger is okay but lets just say I barely ate anything all day long and went to bed so very hungry.

Day 6: Beef and vegetables. (unlimited amounts of both)
This day was a lot better then the day before. I actually ate some food and got full. I was okay with that. I could definitely tell that I did not fit into any of my clothes anymore. I had lost weight and I liked it.

Day 7: Brown Rice, Fruit Juice, and Vegetables
This was by far my favorite day and I was so happy to be on the last day. :) The brown rice was very good especially with a little bit of salsa (which is veggies) mixed into it. I have never loved fruit juice as much as I did on this day . Good day for sure.

Over all I only lost 5 pounds but I could tell that it was for sure off and not just water weight which was the goal. I could tell my body felt better and I had more energy. I had gotten rid of all of the toxins in my body, or most of them, and I felt great. It was a hard process to go through but I really did enjoy it and after it was all over, I did not want any sweets at all. That was a great feeling! I got offered to go get ice cream and I felt like eating an apple instead. It was definitely good for me to go through and it taught me to eat a lot healthier. I would do this again for sure!

0 comments: