BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 27, 2013

DAY 2

Due to all of the many liquids in my body from the surgery, I woke up every hour at night to go to the bathroom. I slept in a large lazy boy rocking chair in the family room in front of the TV. With all of the drugs and the nerve block, I could not get out of the chair on my own to go to the bathroom. I had to call my mom each time I woke up so she would come get me out of the chair. Needless to say, she did not get very much sleep that night. 
Once morning rolled around, I was slowly starting to get feeling back into my leg. The nerve block was almost gone by 11 ish in the morning, which was nice. I could now get up and move around a little better because I had more control over my leg. From the way they had to move my muscles out of the way to perform the surgery, I was so sore! It felt as if the doctor had just ripped out my muscles instead. I wanted to cry each time I moved them! That meant, that each time I got up to move around, I would put much more pressure on my right side to keep me up, which in turn just made my right butt cheek very sore as well. All I wanted to do was sit there and sleep. So I did!
I still was not feeling very good and did not get a chance to eat anything before I felt nauseous. I kept taking my pain medicine along with the anti inflammatory medicine even though I had not been eating food with them. I made sure I drank a ton of water since that was the only thing that I could keep down. This went on all day long, making my mother a little worried about me. She made me eat a piece of bread with jam on it, which I ended up choking part of it down. I began to get very very sick! 
Everyone and everything was so loud. My head was screaming at me. My stomach was churning and heaving. I was hot, then I was cold. My hip was throbbing. I just wanted everyone to stop what they were doing and leave me alone. I finally ended up feeling good enough to fall asleep and stayed asleep for a good amount of time. I didn't wake up near as much that night which helped my mom out. 

0 comments: